Race Weekend Overview
Join in the weekend of activities from the Expo to race day. We have all kinds of fun things lined up for the whole family to enjoy.
- Golden Valley Health Centers Fitness Expo with many great vendors offering running apparel and supplies
- Kid Zone for the whole family to enjoy, sponsored by CrossPoint Church
- Entertainment on main stage
- Free Race photos – sponsored by Sutter Health
- Finish medal engraving with your personal race time
- Michelob Ultra Beer Garden (21 and over)
- Barefoot Wine Garden (21 and over)
- Food Truck Alley
- Recovery Lounge Area with a stretching & rolling area and free massages
6:55AM – Wheelchair & Assisted Teams
7:00AM – Marathon, Half Marathon & Relay*
7:20AM – 5k
*Course is open for 7 hours (closes at 2:00PM)
I’d like to challenge other sedentary types like myself to run/walk the marathon or half marathon. I can say with some certainty that if I can aim for this, many others can too. Plus it’s for a good cause – the Teens Run Modesto program. Couch lovers and runners should all come out for this event because it is history in the making – the Surgical Artistry Modesto Marathon.
I have been to several of these races, and the Modesto Half Marathon is definitely my favorite by far. The course is fast, fast enough that I ran my 3-minute PR here. It must have also been the energetic atmosphere; everyone, including the runners, was very encouraging!